Creative Assembly is looking for a Data Analyst to join our Data & Analytics team based at our studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
Through this role, you will help us shape the future of HYENAS. This role comes with immediate responsibility and the opportunity to be involved in the day-to-day running and design of our exciting new shooter.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role can be offered as hybrid or in-studio depending on candidate requirements. Hybrid has a preference for at least two days a week in our Horsham studio. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
You will be key in working with developers to understand their data needs, developing self-service dashboards, performing ad-hoc analysis, and helping with overall data quality.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Work with designers / producers / team leaders to share insights and make recommendations using in-game data
- Design, manage, and maintain bespoke dashboards for in-game reporting that will be used by the entire HYENAS team to understand how the game is performing and identify any opportunities/issues that might exist
- Be a leader for a data-driven work culture, assisting with upskilling the wider team to engage with the work you’re doing in a meaningful way
- Be able to organise and plan your workload semi-independently, managing multiple responsibilities and demands at once.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience and competency using SQL to query large datasets
- A good understanding of games and their various genres
- Strong problem-solving skills and a natural aptitude at understanding large quantities of data and being able to construct a story out of what it shows
- Proficient in communicating insights to stakeholders and identifying opportunities using data
- Confident managing their own time and workload. A self-starter who can ultimately take control of their own time and set short-term objectives in order to work towards a long-term goal.
- Experience working with reporting suites and/or data visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, D3, AMCharts etc
- Experience of working in the games industry is a plus, but not a requirement
- Experience in advanced data analytics, data science, or machine learning methods.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.