A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.Key Duties Include:
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development and software lifecycle, including high level design, architecture definition, implementation, testing, deployment
- Design, develop, test, deploy and manage software applications to support our use of data and advanced analytics
- Create software and tooling necessary to build automated deployment pipelines
- Develop near real-time and batch-based data processing frameworks
- Build and maintain data pipelines to process diverse data sets at scale and with low latency
- Maintain and extend our data and analytics environments to provide additional tools and capabilities
- Containerize software applications and deploy them through container orchestration systems
- Work with external development teams (2nd, 3rd or contractual) to successfully launch new technical products that provide advanced data science and analytical capabilities
- Gamer at heart – we expect our employees to be product focused at all levels
- Experience in AWS Services (Lambda, S3, EMR, DynamoDb and CloudFormation)
- Proficient Python programmer
- Experience with deployment pipelines and review cycles
- Solid understanding of Agile processes
- Solid understanding of design patterns and good code practices
- Solid understanding of the principles of data reliability and quality
- Experience with big data ecosystems and infrastructure including Hadoop, mapreduce, Vertica and Snowflake
- Experience with deploying data models in production environments
- The ability to work both in a team and self-sufficiently
- Experience deploying applications through Container orchestration systems (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Understanding of data security concerns
- Knowledge of predictive modelling
- Experience with disaster recovery and mitigation
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.