It’s an exciting time to be part of Media Molecule as we look to further push the creative boundaries of gaming. Our studio is fast paced, dynamic, collaborative and is undergoing a period of significant growth and evolution! As a result, we are now looking to hire a talented Data Scientist to provide in depth insight and analysis of user behaviour in Dreams. This is a newly created role so there will be the huge opportunity to be highly impactful, using data science, machine learning, statistics, and reporting techniques to help the studio make informed decisions and improve player experiences. This role will be fundamental to the future success of Media Molecule by championing our data informed approach to decision making! Responsibilities will include;
- Providing data analysis to diverse studio teams.
- Analysing game data using data science, machine learning, statistics, and reporting techniques to derive insights on the player experience
- Designing and implementing data science systems, design deployments and pipelines
- Collaborating with teams to understand their goals, find opportunities, and inform decisions about features and updates
- Keeping up to date with industry and data science standard methodologies, and evangelising with the team where relevant.
What we are looking for:
- You have a bachelors degree or equivalent in Maths, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Statistics, or related field
- You have previous experience in a data science role, using regression and clustering algorithms on big data.
- You are proficient in modern machine learning techniques, R/Python, and SQL
- You have strong experience in teasing out insights from customer behaviour data to inform decisions and improve products
- You have excellent communication skills with the ability to convey results and insights to people with a variety of backgrounds in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner
- A collaborative, team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence, and build effective relationships across the studio.
- You are passionate about games and using data to improve games and player experiences
- Previous experience in the video games industry preferred but not essential.