A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
This role will work with cross functional teams, establishing them where they don’t already exist, to deliver customer and business value. You will have knowledge of Agile, Lean and Systems Thinking, as well as traditional delivery methods, and be highly experienced in at least one of these. You will nurture and embed the right mindset (as well as tools, techniques, and practices) into delivery teams and enable the Product Owners to work with the team to deliver on their commitments. You will track delivery metrics (e.g. cycle time, velocity, lead time etc) closely which will allow you to assist the team and PO in providing forecasts for deliveries, as well as drive continuous improvement. You will work through team blockers and escalate as needed. You will act as a coach and mentor to the rest of the organisation, as needed.Main Duties:
- Establish and nurture strong working relationships with tech leads, teams, VPs and execs
- Support the use of visual means to foster clear communication between delivery teams and various stakeholder groups
- Create an environment where teams are empowered, and autonomy is normalised
- Facilitating impediment identification and removal, at both team and company level
- Work closely with the Director of Production, and other Delivery Leads to establish an approach for delivery at Jagex based on cutting edge practices and techniques from Lean, Agile and Systems Thinking.
- Champion Agile, Lean & System Thinking best practices and help foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work closely with Product Owners, Producers, and Executive Producers to assist in roadmap creation and product visioning.
- Ensuring the delivery of multiple projects/Teams
- Controlling the day-to-day activities of the project
- Tracking risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, actions, decisions and escalating as appropriate, while also tracking delivery metrics.
- Gamer at heart -> we expect our employees to be product focused at all levels
- Experience of Agile, Lean and / or Systems Thinking
- 3+ years’ experience managing/facilitating complex deliveries involving 2 or more teams
- Growth mindset
- Real-life SDLC experience
- Successfully collaborated with Product, UX, QA & Engineering in multi-functional teams & across the leadership of these functions
- Experience of working in a scaled team environment
- Experience of working effectively with distributed teams. Strong remote facilitation skills are needed.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.