Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for our mobile hits. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console department of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe. This role would be in our PC and Console department (PCC) with responsibility for global activity.
We have a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, and we've recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales which is based in France. We have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee has recently been recognised with the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership awards from TIGA (The Independent Game Developers’ Association).
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of the Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As our Department Coordinator for the PCC and console (PCC) department, you will keep everything running smoothly and to deadline!
What you tell your friends you do
“I keep all the PC & console teams working happily and productively together!”
What you will really be doing
- Attending daily PCC standups, taking notes, and making sure everyone knows what they’re doing;
- Supervising the PCC teams’ ongoing tasks to ensure output is coordinated and everyone is on the same page
- Keeping track of everyone’s workload & prioritisation and liaising with the Head of PC and Console Publishing (and other PCC managers) to keep everyone happy, productive and in step with each other.
- Assisting PCC team members with bookings, reservations, etc, for travel, accommodation and attendance at work-related events.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative company and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented teams are our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse company, including industry veterans David Darling and Jason Falcus (developers) and Max Everingham (publishing).
Skills and Requirements
- Experience of managing multiple projects with fluctuating deadlines across multiple teams & disciplines;
- A highly organised, methodical and calm approach to project management;
- Strong communication skills & ability to enthuse and motivate others;
- Strong attention to detail; you’re the kind of person that likes making & checking lists, motivating others and bringing in projects on time and to budget!
- In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance;
- Creative Wednesdays! (have the chance to suggest new games every Wednesday);
- 20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays;
- Hybrid model available depending on the department and the role;
- Relocation support available;
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours;
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards;
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.