Reporting into the Executive Producer, your role is to expand and oversee a highly functional diverse design department with the design capabilities, creativity, practices, and processes for a modern UGC Live service.
As partner to the Creative Director, your responsibility is to build the design roadmap that delivers on the creative vision. You will use your passion, expertise, and leadership to communicate vision and plans, expand the design team and establish/refine processes required to meet the studio creative vision.
- Partner with Creative Director, and champion the creative direction on an ongoing basis, inspiring the team through progressive creative design and leadership
- Oversee design process and implementation to achieve a cohesive product design
- Deliver high quality results
- Responsible for building out the design input into the live service roadmap
- Provide dependable, pragmatic input into the ongoing product roadmap
- Set up processes that utilise the test/learn/grow approach to live services
- Lead a diverse, inclusive, and happy design department
- Expand and provide leadership to the Mm design team, identifying missing capabilities and bringing these into the studio.
- Ensure design is part of highly functioning cross-discipline teams. Seek out dysfunction or inefficiencies and be the force of good to bring change in the organization
- Guide and support the game design team, defining the practices and strategies appropriate to the project and championing them
- Provide guidance and mentorship to design staff, help them resolve complex problems, and grow their careers
- Understand latest trends driving player expectations and behaviours
- Understand innovations in the competitive landscape to identify opportunities for our games
- Partner with consumer insights to break down and understand the underlying motivations, and then driving solutions to problems
- Understand how user-generated content and experiences are shaping products in the marketplace
Recommended Skills and Experience:
- Experience building and managing design teams on multiple titles in live services, multiplayer, or the social gaming space
- Experience working with research departments to establish tests and interpret data to improve player sentiment and retention
- Ability to communicate and inspire game development functions across the development team, publisher, and external key opinion leaders
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.