A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Analytics and Data Sciences (ADSE) is the heart of player, product and business insights on our titles. The is one of the most critical roles we have as it acts as both a part of the game development team and as a center of growth for our Studio in unlocking insights about our players and our business. The person in this role is most successful when they can merge analytical skill with game knowledge to drive incredible player experiences while guiding and growing a team of rock stars to grow, learn and succeed. Director of Analytics will lead a team of analysts to deliver insights, learnings and guidance and have a significant impact on the direction of our game and overall business. Acting as the craft lead for analytics in the studio they work collaboratively with product management to ensure they are well equipped with the insight they need to run their live games successfully. You will have a real passion for leading, mentoring and developing your people. You will proactively seek opportunities to elevate your team and highlight to the studio the epic work and value data driven decision making can deliver. This person must have the ability to understand how a game works as a service for its customers and project how consumers behave. The best candidate will have strong analytical skills, deep understanding game design, and proven experience leading analytics for Free-to-Play online games. What Success Looks Like:
- In 3 months, you will have gained a broad understanding of the organisation, and with that reviewed and refined the analytical needs of the studio, starting to outline an exciting vision and growth plan for the group.
- In 6 months, working with each product leader, ensured our planned product strategies and objectives are driven primarily from data with the appropriate tracked KPIs.
- In 12 months, your team is in place and studio is feeling the value from a levelled up Analytics department . You and your team have a clear and exciting path which is aligned to the needs of the studio and now looking to add incremental value alongside Data Sciences.
Key Duties Include:
- Lead analytics on various products to help drive actionable insights.
- High EQ leader who can coach, teach, learn, mediate, and inspire.
- Mentor and support embedded product analysts ensuring good balance between craft and product leadership.
- Ensure the appropriate business performance KPIs are tracked and in place, and the subsequent reporting needs from product, exec and board level are met.
- Partner closely with data engineering and data sciences to build broader insights and data systems that support the business and team.
- Challenge how we digest and use information to make informed decisions and set direction at player, product, and market levels.
- Use data and insight to enable product roadmaps with development teams.
- Craft a data centric view of player behavior to diagnose drivers for the business.
- Closely monitor business performance to identify risks, new opportunities, and industry trends. Acting as a first alert to risks and opportunities.
- Plan, prioritize and communicate your team’s direction and deliverables.
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience in quantitative analysis, preferably for a gaming, entertainment, or digital consumer products organization
- Proven commercial experience of managing people, growing skill sets and coaching
- Experience leading and coaching analytical presentations to large groups and senior management
- Familiarity with statistical modelling and software and big data environments such as AWS, Snowflake and Vertica
- Excellent delivery management skills to build and deliver plans with clearly defined timelines, ownership, and risks
- Extensive experience in PC and/or mobile analytics management across multiple titles and business models
- Deep understanding of service platforms for games and/or online communities with the ability to clearly and concisely describe business requirements
- Passion for games and desire to create fun and engaging online experiences
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.