Project: Console / PC Video Games
OPM are thrilled to working with a new client based in Lisbon, Portugal. This full-range development studio offers design, art, coding, and other services to game developers across the world!
They are now growing their team and are seeking an Engineer Director who will be responsible for pushing a talented and enthusiastic team of engineers through development of their current projects.
- Strong professional experience in game development.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Game Design, or other related Technical degree.
- Outstanding understanding of software architecture and software patterns.
- Excellent professional experience with C++.
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, work autonomously and to be self-directing.
- Strong English communication skills
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- Professional experience working on at least one published title.
- Professional experience on multiplayer games.
- Professional experience managing programmers.
- Knowledge of Agile principles and methodologies, including SCRUM and KANBAN.
- Responsible for the core architecture for the game or backend systems.
- Manage the quality of the work by other developers on the project.
- Outline best practices, development processes, and coding standards, making sure they are followed by all team members.
- Mentor new and junior programmers, as well as all members on the development team.
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214418!