A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Reporting to the Product Director, the Director of LiveOps is a key role in the RuneScape leadership team and will play a vital part in the continued commercial success of the product. They will have a proven track record in delivering best-in-class LiveOps and driving innovation in the monetisation space. This is an exciting and challenging role which requires careful alignment of business goals with the overall product vision, whilst remaining in-tune with the game's community at all times.
The Director of LiveOps will be responsible for the operational effectiveness of a multi-discipline team and delivering the roadmap for monetisation content releases, new features and services across desktop and mobile platforms.Key Duties Include:
- To execute an industry-leading programme of LiveOps including time-limited events, battle passes, promotions, offers and bundles to maximise player value and deliver year-on-year growth across key revenue streams.
- Own the strategy, forecasting, operational planning and delivery of the LiveOps roadmap ensuring the team are aligned with targets and plans.
- To be an industry expert in monetization trends and best practices, ensuring Jagex are keeping pace with latest innovations, as well as any relevant regulation and legislation.
- To ensure high production values and quality standards are maintained across all LiveOps content output
- Drive continued improvement in automated testing and tooling support enabling true live operations
- To be the subject matter expert for LiveOps and monetization in the business, disseminating this knowledge throughout RuneScape and other product teams.
- Continuously improve operational processes and workflows to enhance delivery consistency, improve customer satisfaction and reduce costs.
- Be the leader and role model for the team, providing feedback, mentoring and coaching and relaying progress in executive reviews, company livestreams and player facing comms.
- Champion a data-driven, goal orientated mindset encouraging an iterative approach to product development.
- Establish RS LiveOps as beacon of excellence for Jagex fostering talent and attracting new prospects to join the team.
- Develop excellent relationships with other teams, stakeholders and Product Managers across the studio.
- Create a positive team culture supporting diversity, inclusivity and accessibility in all aspects of LiveOps delivery.
- Experience of running LiveOps in a launched live-service title.
- Experience running successful Battle pass programmes.
- Well-versed in game economy management.
- Analytical, data-driven mindset.
- Experience of data visualisation tools and methods.
- Thorough understanding of the player lifecycle.
- Expert in monetisation techniques, trends and best practices.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Commercially astute with the ability to deliver to strict targets and deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills and able to motivate teams.
- Solid understanding of F2P and mobile gaming landscape.
- Thorough understanding of Product Management.
- Several years’ experience of running LiveOps in multiple launched live-service titles.
- Experienced working in LiveOps in MMORPGs.
- Experience running LiveOps ops in cross-platform environment.
- Experience working with mobile platforms, storefronts.
- Experience of dynamic pricing, tailored recommendation systems and CRM.
- Sales and marketing experience.
- Game design and production experience.
- Relevant degree-level qualification.
- Highly communicative, personable and with a passion for the genre.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Monthly Energy Allowance- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.