Want to work with a world class team that is committed to changing the face of the entertainment industry? Join us in building an environment where creatives of all backgrounds can thrive and bring unique and compelling stories to market.
Brass Lion Entertainment is seeking an Engine Programmer to join a talented and diverse team currently working on a new, unannounced Action-RPG title.
The right candidate for this position will be responsible for our core technology and work with our Technical Director to design and implement features - using Unreal Engine - that will empower our team to create the best game possible. If you have a passion for engine-level development and understanding how the best games work at their core, this role is for you!
Brass Lion Entertainment has employees based in New York City, Montréal, and remote locations across Canada and the United States.
- Solve the game’s most critical technological challenges
- Collaborate with others to establish best practices for working in Unreal Engine
- Maintain communication with Epic and other partners to ensure we make the best use of licensed technology
- Evaluate technology solutions that fit our needs
- Monitor the game’s CPU, GPU, and memory performance during development and provide guidance and solutions for issues as they arise
- 4 or more years of video game programming experience
- Strong modern C++ skills
- Ability to diagnose and debug difficult low-level issues
- Strong understanding of video game hardware architecture
- Broad knowledge of video game development processes
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Located and authorized to work in either the US or Canada
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- At least one shipped AAA game
- Competitive salary
- PTO, unlimited sick days and healthy work life balance
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Flexible Work-from-Home options
Hiring Update: Brass Lion is currently in a “work-from-home" model and we’ll be developing a remote/co-located team structure for all team members within the United States and Canada. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore all possible options.