Project: Online PC / Console Games
OPM are thrilled to be working with a well-known Games Developer seeking Engine Programmers at all levels to join their team.
The role centres very much around being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium.
You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
The successful candidate will possess a strong curiosity in all the low-level technology that makes a video game tick. If enjoy understanding how things really work behind the scenes of your beloved games, this is the opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implementing new core technologies required to realise the vision of their games.
- Maintaining existing codebase and assist the broader development team in identifying problems and coming up with good solutions.
- Work closely with the Graphics team on several systems including vegetation, lighting, occlusion, etc.
- Work closely with various Art teams to produce convincing worlds that feel immersive, solid and hold together under conditions such as rapid player movement, limited system memory etc.
- Coordinate and assist the broader efforts across the development team to get their games running smoothly and making best use of system resources.
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or comparable experience.
- Good experience low-level C++ development in games development.
- Good knowledge of computing fundamentals and associated terminology.
- Demonstrable experience with C/C++ programming.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with an emphasis on debugging C++ code.
- Ability to cooperate with other departments and across studios.
- Solid multi-threaded programming skills.
- Good analytical skills, regarding the measurement of system performance, memory use etc.
- Self-motivated and passionate about games and how things work.
- Experience with SIMD code.
- Knowledge of memory layout considerations as related to padding and cache efficiency.
- Experience with crash dumps and x86 disassembly.
- Great 3D maths skills.
- Knowledge of code performance considerations, including “big O” notation as related to algorithmic complexity.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214418!