One Player Mission’s client is a rapidly expanding studio, developing thrilling eSports console games. They are a dynamic games studio who work on cutting edge technology and exciting new games for PS4 and PS5, Xbox One and Series X and PC.
They are seeking an Engineering Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing and inspiring their team to achieve their performance metrics. Your role will involve strategizing, project management, part staff management. Your collaborative attitude and interpersonal skills will help you thrive as an Engineering Manager.
- Serve as a mentor for a team of engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability,
- Offer creative solutions to organizational design,
- Work in a small team alongside a product lead, designers and artists to answer fundamental questions and eventually build experiences that will fulfil the players’ impossible dreams,
- You will be both Technology Leader and People Manager for a group of 8-10 engineers,
- Participate in discussions about their product vision and ensure that vision is clear to your team(s),
- You should know what’s being built and why. They are concerned with velocity, execution, quality, and technical debt,
- Your tone is positive and productive. It’s up to you to surface issues, opportunities, wins, and address them head-on,
- Establish teams that are balanced, functional and strongly aligned with SCI values,
- You will help ensure their teams are healthy. They want team members to be motivated, encouraged, and perform well,
- Where do people want to grow? What role is next for them? How can they help them to get there? They will hold them accountable for getting there while providing mentorship, coaching, and support,
- You can handle tension within and around the team. This could mean keeping a calm head, helping resolve conflicts or responding to emergent issues
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering or related field of study
- Extensive management experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You are armed with a wealth of knowledge in full stack game technologies, curiosity and an open mind for learning and knowledge work, and the flexibility to support rapid explorations during prototype,
- Deep knowledge & experience as a hands-on Software Engineer.
- Experience directly leading an engineering team either as an Engineering Manager or Technical Lead & mentor.
- Understanding of working with cross-functional disciplines on early production game development,
- Experience across multiple systems and languages,
- Experience working in an Agile environment,
BONUS (Good to have)
- Experience with Unreal Engine & C++
- Experience building tools and pipelines with close collaboration with art, design, and production,
- Knowledge of content-heavy games or RPGs
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214418!