12 MONTH FTC
CENTRAL MARKETING – COMMS TEAM
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING TO COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR, CENTRAL MARKETING
You will manage the overall direction and day-to-day activities needed to execute our global marketing events participation. This will include trade, industry and consumer facing events such as E3, Gamescom, TwitchCon, other relevant events and any bespoke events in relation to the SEGA roadmap and SEGA Europe business objectives. We’re looking for someone with a strong event management background, creative astuteness and a strategic mindset.
Working within the Central Marketing team, you’ll get great insight and experience into the video games sector. You’ll develop your knowledge across international marketplaces, physical and digital retail, consumer profiling and marketing initiatives within a leading games industry publisher. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate and aspires to work as part of a successful team.
You’ll have excellent communication and rapport building skills as a core part of your role will be working closely with several internal SEGA teams including creative services, digital sales and international sales teams, communications teams, plus business development and commercial teams.
You will need strong strategic planning and meticulous budget management skills. Attention to detail is a must and knowledge and passion for gaming / entertainment forums is essential.
You will work in tandem with the Senior Product Managers in the Central Marketing Team and the studio marketing teams where relevant. Your core responsibility is to provide support in the planning and execution of the global events strategy by delivering on the following tasks:
- Lead overall event activations from inception to post event analysis (as assigned)
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and internal teams to identify and establish event objectives, attendee experience, and budgets
- Manage and cultivate agency relationships from pitch processes through to live events
- Drive event production schedules with internal and external partners
- Manage all aspects of event logistics including set up and tear-downs
- Research venues, supporting agencies and 3rd party partnerships for event opportunities where relevant
- Oversee all event equipment inventory and deployment for events
- Conduct post-event reporting and tracking for ROI analysis
- Communicating up-to-date information on progress by project to SEGA internal teams (inc Senior management)
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities in existing and emerging markets with ROI analysis where relevant
- Working collaboratively with our licensors to maximise our existing partnerships throughout the course of the product lifecycle
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be detail oriented, possess good time management skills and be able to prioritize in a changing environment
- Demonstrable record of delivering events to a quality level, by planned dates and within agreed budgets
- Excellent project management, budget management and communication skills
- Experience managing and running large scale consumer trade shows
- Have a well-developed network of suppliers & agencies related to the field of event execution
- Strong appreciation of publishing and broad, in-depth and up-to-date product knowledge of the mainstream games industry is preferable
- Able to build and maintain strong professional and informal relationships within organisations and externally with members of the public
- Pro-activeness to think ahead and identify tasks that need to be carried out and the motivation to complete these on own initiative
- Flexibility to react quickly, reschedule and prioritise workload
- Strong understanding of Gaming AV – PCs, Consoles, Peripherals, Live Streaming, Capture Devices, etc
- Must be strategic minded, creative, and be able to work effectively with internal and external teams
- Passion for the video game industry and a drive to have a career in gaming preferred