OPMs client is the newest studio in a international group of operations, and are looking for a Lighting and VFX Artist to join their team and to lead development on an unannounced online tactical shooter set in a sci-fi universe.
The successful candidate will be a Lighting Artist ready to be hands on with implementation and be responsible for the overall lighting in game.
- Expert knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Experience of lighting photo-realistic environments and characters with an understanding of gameplay implications
- Comprehension of colour theory, cinematography, and a strong sense of light and shadow
- Awareness of composition and the ability to enhance mood by lighting
- A working knowledge of industry standard rendering concepts and post-processing effects
- Quality comprehension of physically based rendering and HDR pipelines
- Knowledge of Unreal 5 and Lumen would be a big advantage
- Lighting levels to creative and technical brief
- Driving the narrative and storytelling using colour, light and mood to convey emotional experiences
- Responsible for lighting game environments with the highest level of quality
- Contributing to the development and placing of visual effects related to lighting and atmosphere
- Work closely with Art Director/Lead Artist and team leads to help define and execute the lighting direction for the project
- Integrate with environment teams to light their spaces according to production schedules
- Anticipate and identify production challenges to leads and technical director
- Research new lighting tools and techniques to create more efficient and visually appealing environments
- Work with tech artists to closely manage lighting to fit memory, design and frame rate limits
- Ability to follow concept/reference
- The inspiring challenge of working on a pioneering ambitious project with great co-workers
- An opportunity to learn and grow within an international company
- A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity and innovation
- Free breakfasts, lunches, drinks, and snacks (in the studio)
- A family-friendly work environment with flexible work hours
- 25 days holiday
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!