OPMs client are searching for a talented Senior Environment artist with experience creating environment assets and knowledge of 3D pipelines.
The successful candidate will design and implement the visual appearance of maps from concept to execution, working with their level designers to create cohesive and engaging play spaces which are rich in detail and visual fidelity.
- A portfolio of visually impressive environment assets.
- Credited as an environment artist in at least one published game, for PC or console.
- You’ve worked in a visually realistic style before, preferably utilizing 3DS Max.
- A strong understanding of the strengths and limitations of the technical pipelines used in contemporary game engines.
- An excellent eye for aesthetic style, colour and detail that fuels your skills in visual and spatial storytelling.
- A strong understanding of how to maximise the technical elements of environmental design to increase visual fidelity.
- An understanding of shaders and how they are used in UE5.
- Other technical skills related to environment art and visual asset creation, for example an understanding of particle effect creation pipelines, or 2D Art skills.
- A means for communicating your visual ideas effectively at the concept stage.
- Strong understanding of art pipelines and use of UE5
- Experience with Substance suite or Quixel
- Concept maps on a visual level, using your artistic skills to communicate ideas to the wider team.
- Create key assets and textures and implement them in-game.
- Cork with our clients production team to ensure all your work is correctly scoped and planned.
- Work closely with our clients awesome art department, reporting to their Lead Artist, and ensure all assets made are consistent on a technical and artistic level.
- Optimise assets and maps to maximise game performance.
- Full Time Remote, Hybrid, Onsite with Relocation assistance to Cornwall UK if preferred
- Private health Insurance.
- Flexible Work Hours.
- 24/7 Employee Assistance.
- Quarterly social events.
- Dog friendly office!
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!