Experienced/Senior Software Engineer – Advertisement SDK Team
At SEGA HARDlight we're looking for a Software Engineer to work with us on our advertisement & monetisation tech for our live F2P Sonic mobile games.
You'll be working out of SEGA's Sofia studio as a part of the HARDlight software engineering team working on a custom Unity client advertisement technology for F2P mobile games. You will work closely with SEGA's advertisement team, product director, and engineering leads to constantly evolve our advertisement & monetisation technology to maximise the game's appeal and profitability. You should enjoy live-ops driven F2P games and understand what makes them tick. Our games are played by millions of people weekly with a large active community - come and help our games reach their full potential.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience using Unity, or other mobile apps development experience
- Strong software engineering skills are essential. You have a good level of C# OR C++ experience, and a passion for problem-solving
- You care about the development process and improve it at every opportunity
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented programming techniques
- Working with continuous integration, source control, and code review software
- Node.js experience is a bonus
- Experience with running a live product, regular update releases, and development of live-ops focused tools
- Experience with client/server technologies is beneficial
- Swift/Objective-C and Java/Kotlin experience is a bonus
About SEGA Sofia
SEGA Sofia is a hub of passionate professionals engaged in all the various aspects of game development.
Our operation here in Sofia includes crafting and aiding world renowned franchises, by taking part in both creating and supporting SEGA games from all our partnering studios.
Flexible working at SEGA Sofia includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within the country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Discounts for home technology and for gym membership cards, as well as Food and Utilities vouchers
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.