Project: Mobile Games
OPM’s client is looking for someone who is keen to work in an agile and lean team, working on visual direction, working closely with the game designer and to join a team whose games have been played by over 300 million people, with new titles in development with a company culture who believe in putting their people first.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the new ideas and visions of the game, maintaining development production pipelines to allow us to build assets quickly, working with outsourced teams and artists to set the gold standards.
- Proven UI Art experience within the games industry, with at least one shipped game title in your portfolio
- Strong logo and iconography design skills
- Experience of the design workflow, starting from paper level, through wireframes to functioning prototypes
- The ability to demonstrate a practical understanding of UX/communication design conventions and how they affect player behaviour and be aware of current and emerging trends
- Excellent visual design skills (sense of proportion, layout, graphical form, typography, colour, composition, and negative space)
- Have a good sense of colour and composition, understand what looks great
- Technical proficiency with; Photoshop, Illustrator
- Unity experience with the ability to implement assets
- An interest in working on mobile games
- A desire to have a big impact within a small, empowered team
- Collaborate with Designers and the Product Owner to prepare an excellent UI design including pitching ideas and helping with the creative direction.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and Art Director to define an appropriate UI art style
- Create high-quality UI artwork and the associated source assets to match the sleek, high-quality visual style of our games
- Creation of UI wireframe prototypes
- Work with client engineers to implement well-functioning and bug-free UI within Unity
- Design elegant UX layouts in conjunction with the design team, including wireframes and user flow
- Be required to attend regular design meetings and team presentations.
- Mentor other UI Artists to help us level up UI Art across the studio
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!