Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced UI Artist to join the team on our Total War Franchise at our studio based at CA Sofia, in Bulgaria.
As an Experienced UI Artist on this project, you will be working collaboratively with other Artists, Designers and Programmers. You will bring your creative abilities and passion to create intuitive, visually stunning and high-quality UI for the next project.
Please note that applications for this role must include a portfolio (attached or as a link) and applications without such will not be considered.
As an Experienced UI Artist on the team, you will work with the Lead UI Artist to help craft and implement UI and ensure artistic quality in our next title.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Design and create cohesive visuals and identity for UI screens and content
- Work with UI/UX designers, game designers, and engineers to bring features to their polished potential
- Communicate the visual fidelity of a feature and help give the engineers all the support they need to bring that vision to life
- Create content and implement assets using in-house tools
- Help maintain and craft a robust style guide
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Proven UI experience on at least one shipped title, or a very strong UI portfolio
- Demonstrate good use of typography, iconography, composition, colour theory and motion graphics
- Ability to create as well as adapt to and follow a variety of artistic styles
- Experience of working from wireframe designs through to final implementation
- Technical knowledge and a desire to learn in-house implementation tools
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Attention to detail for quality UI and be able to clearly communicate this
- Must be a creative and practical problem solver
- A team player, able to take advice and feedback from their colleagues in a respectable manner
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Practical experience of implementing interfaces using the Unity UI system or similar
- Familiarity with 3D software packages
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Discounts for home technology and for gym membership cards, as well as Food and Utilities vouchers
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.