Creative Assembly are looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to join our art team based at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex. This is a unique opportunity to work on our next historical tent pole feature.
As part of a focussed project team, you will bring your creativity and passion to your work and work collaboratively with Designers, Programmers and other Artists to craft and implement the next tentpole UI.
As an experienced UI/UX Designer on the historical art team, you will work with the Lead UI/UX Designer to help define and implement the UI and ensure technical and artistic quality in our historical titles.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Interact and collaborate with team members from different work units (design, art, programming, etc.
- Use your knowledge and skills to build a UI layout
- Work in collaboration with other internal teams and use in-house tools to design the flow, functions, appearance of the interface and prototypes
- Deliver high quality assets. Design and create cohesive visuals and identity for UI screens and content
- Help maintain and craft the style guide, documentation, and design system
- Keep up to date and communicate the latest UI trends with the team
- Provide workflow improvement suggestions to improve productivity
- Ability to adapt and follow a variety of artistic styles.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Working experience in a UI/UX role or capacity for an interactive product such as web, app, or software products
- Good knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Figma, etc.
- Strong graphic, communication, or media design skills: typography, iconography, layout, colour theory, motion design
- Solid understanding of UX practices and how they apply to game design
- Ability to communicate and present ideas effectively
- A team player with ability to take and give constructive feedback
- Strong fine art and illustrative skills.
- Knowledge of either 3DS Max or Maya
Note: Applications for this role must include a portfolio/showreel (or link to a portfolio/showreel). Applications that do not have this information will not be considered.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio, as we push the boundaries in creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedication motion capture facility. We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and are developing more flexible ways of working for the future. Right now, we are actively recruiting and onboarding staff with our expert IT and HR teams setting you up for success remotely, whether you’re relocating now or will be in the future.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- We are developing more flexible ways of working to give everyone at CA the balance and space they need. We also offer enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.