French Communications Manager
ICO Partners is looking for a French communications manager to join our multinational team. We’re based in the vibrant city of Brighton, UK and looking for someone who can join us to oversee a varied number of video games partners. The role can be done remotely or in person from Brighton, as preferred.
The ideal candidate is a French speaker who has relationships with the local games industry in the French region and experience in video games PR or influencer management. Third party management expertise is not essential but would be nice to have.
You will be joining a close knit team of people from all over the world, working on cool projects, launching exciting titles and pushing the boundaries of communications within the games industry.
If this sounds like you, and you’re interested in joining a highly motivated, fun and skilled team, send your CV to email@example.com and/or send us an email to get more info. We celebrate diversity and equal opportunities and encourage applicants from any gender, race and sexual orientation to apply. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We are: ICO is a small games publishing agency based in Brighton, UK. We have been around for 13 years and work in three main areas within the industry: Communications, Business Intelligence and Marketing. Our mission is to raise the bar when it comes to publishing, unlocking our partner potential with our expertise and tools.
We are an open, inclusive and progressive place to work, proud to take care of our team’s well-being and mental health. We support our team’s individual development and career progression proactively and strive to make the games industry a better place to work. We encourage and support your hobbies and interests through regular team training initiatives and expertise-sharing activities.
We are proud to represent some of the biggest games in the world, with current projects including Magic: The Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons, Moss: Book II, Northgard and CORE Games. In the past we have worked with studios like Hi-Rez and Riot Games as well as indie titles such as Armello, Bury Me My Love or A Normal Lost Phone. We regularly feature in games media where we cast a light on the industry news and trends, as well as work with content creators on Twitch and Youtube regularly.
You are: Someone who likes video games, is comfortable multitasking and keen to work on a variety of projects, upcoming and existing, to see them all the way from planning to execution.
What you bring to the team:
- Native French speaker with strong spoken and written communication skills.
- Fluent English is required, additional language skills are a plus.
- 1.5 – 2.5 years of experience in a communications or media relations role, ideally media-facing.
- Additional experience in social media, influencer marketing or community management not required but a big plus.
- Understanding of the French video games media landscape and industry.
- Proven organisational and planning skills.
- Focus, able to prioritize tasks based on timeliness
- Ability to work with and analyse data, as well as report writing.
- Comfortable working in multicultural teams and across languages (we use English across the team).
- Happy to multitask between partners and projects as needed.
- Interested in video games, news and trends is also a bonus.
What you will be doing:
- Owning project management for multiple projects at the same time, from big games coming from well known studios to small, independent ones.
- Managing relationships with journalists, content creators and key stakeholders across selected European territories with primary focus on French speaking territories.
- Working closely with our partners to create and implement publishing plans, schedules and calendars across PR, influencer marketing and social media channels.
- Creating external facing communications and press releases for our partners.
- Connecting with journalists, content creators and game companies in the games industry.
- Attending major international and local industry events (when its safe to do so!), learning about trends and making connections with people, supporting our partners presence as needed.
- Overseeing regular media relations activities including media outreach, collection and analysis of press coverage, reporting, organization of events, interviews and promotions.
- Work on market research projects and business intelligence areas within the games industry.
- Working with teams of all sizes and profiles, from AAA to indie.
- Playing and testing videogames as needed.
Benefits & Perks:
- Perk pack with discounts for shops, cinema and more (similar to Perkbox).
- Flexible working conditions.
- Team health activities every month.
- Yearly personal development plan, choose areas you want to learn or improve and we help you make it happen.
- Pension contribution.
- Relocation package available if required.
- Access to mental health support package.
- Company computer provided.
Remuneration : £26,000 – £32,000 (Happy to consider a higher range based on candidate experience).
Location: Brighton(UK) or Remote.
Reports to: Chief Communications officer
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week