Game Artist – Character Team
HARDlight is looking for a Game Artist to join the character team on our successful live F2P games.
As a generalist you’ll be creating art that covers a wide range of game art challenges. This is a role that will suit an artist who loves to do a bit of everything! You'll be comfortable creating 3D models, 2D art or particle effects in engine and everything in between.
If you don’t quite have all the experiences we are looking for, then this is a role that will allow you to grow your range of game art skills. This role is open to talented juniors, experienced or senior game artists.
Our games are played by millions of people weekly with a large active community - come and help our games reach their full potential.
- Work alongside the lead artist, character artists and animator to help deliver successful characters in the game
- Create low poly 3D models and textures for the character power-ups and weapons
- Create 2D/3D icons for character power-ups and frontend menus
- Create Particle effects in unity for power-ups and new game features
- Work with the designers to concept and mockup new character abilities
- Export, test and iterate your artwork in the game engine
- Create presentation images of your artwork for marketing purposes or review sign-off
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent knowledge of 3D software such as 3D Studio Max, Maya, Blender etc...
- Texturing skills in Substance Painter or Photoshop
- Strong 2D art skills
- Experience with working in game engines like Unity or Unreal - Getting your art in and setting it up while also considering performance and technical constraints.
- Ability to absorb, apply and give constructive feedback
- Experience of low or high poly character modelling and texturing
- A basic understanding of 3D animation and/or rigging experience
- Simple video editing skills
- Experience of rendering 3d assets in packages like V-Ray or Arnold
- A genuine interest in stylized game art
A portfolio demonstrating your work is required
Why work at HARDlight?
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme
- We offer competitive salaries so that you can stay motivated and focused on making HARDlight the best it can be
- For gaming buffs, we offer free SEGA games on Steam and a home technology scheme, or if you’re more of a foodie, you can take advantage of fresh fruit, cereal & toast every day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- Based in the ‘Heart of England' in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London & Birmingham
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!