Interactive is working with a self-publishing development studio creating mobile games for Esports fans.
They seek an experienced an experienced Senior Game Designer to help the core team based in Berlin. You will work with designers, producers and developers to create features, system and mechanics for one of our mobile free-to-play titles for the audience of esports fans. You’ll help create a fun and authentic pocket experience for true esports fans and will be responsible for maintaining the vision of the game to keep it aligned with the audience expectations and preferences. The position will be hands-on design, with you designing new features and systems, owning your features through all stages of development, as well as running audience research and user testing and communicating expensively with marketing and analytics to make sure your design decisions are fully data- and audience driven.
• Designing features, systems and mechanics for a free-to-play mobile esports manager game.
• Owning the features you design, driving them through all stages of implementation, from initial discussions to concepts, to game design documentation, to implementation and testing.
• Doing hands-on game design work: creating prototypes, working with the UI/UX department to visualise ideas, working with developers to inform them of the details of the features you create, running user tests, collecting feedback and improving on the design accordingly.
• You have 4+ years of experience as a game designer or a senior game designer in free-to-play mobile games. You have shipped at least 2 free-to-play mobile titles in the game designer’s role.
• You are very passionate about esports! You play (or used to play) CS:GO or any MOBAs professionally, competitively or extensively and have a deep (or at least solid) understanding of its mechanics, economy and tactics, and dream of working with (and for) the audience of core esport fans.
• You are a data driven problem-solver who knows how to uncover problems by looking at KPIs and getting insights from the community, and how to apply your design skills to solve these problems.
• A competitive salary in a well-funded gaming studio, which you still help to shape
• The opportunity to work in the most exciting industries in the world – Esports and Gaming
• The ability to own your work, but to collaborate with a knowledgeable and enthusiastic team.
This is a full time role based in Berlin. Salary is negotiable.
Global Games Executive Search | Building World Class Teams | We care about Diversity.
Follow Interactive jobs on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/interactive-selection Facebook at www.facebook.com/Interactive.Selection and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/gamesjobs
Interactive is an equal opportunity search firm that values diversity. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds.