Game Engine Programmer
Media Molecule is a video game development studio based in Guildford in the UK, and a proud member of the PlayStation Worldwide Studios. We are the creators of the multi-award winning games LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Tearaway, Tearaway Unfolded and we're currently building the next generation of Play, Create and Share for PlayStation 4: Dreams.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Media Molecule as we look to further push the creative boundaries of gaming and we are passionate about making games with creative gameplay. Our studio is fast paced, dynamic, collaborative and is undergoing a period of significant growth and evolution!
Location: Our studio in Guildford or remote (able to work within the same timezone as the UK via video conferencing due to the need for close real-time collaboration).
Role: We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative individual to join us as a member of our game team to help us to develop core aspects of our core technology. We hope to find someone who is passionate about low-level programming and optimisation.
Level: Senior or above
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of C++ accompanied by solid debugging and analytical skills.
- Deep understanding of software performance characteristics and associated ability to implement systems optimised for performance.
- Good grasp of mathematical concepts and analysis techniques as they apply to game engine programming.
- Professional programming and optimisation experience working as a programmer on real-time computer graphics based applications.
- Up to date knowledge of technological developments and advancements within the games industry.
- Able to work independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision.
- Familiarity with hardware details of multiple game platforms, their associated capabilities and performance bottlenecks.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.