This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM have partnered with a major AAA Games Developer with studios in both Europe and North America. The most recent expansion of the group now boasts a studio in the North of the UK.
They are known for the high quality of their programming team and as such you would be working with some of the very best in the industry.
OPM’s client is looking for a talented Gameplay Animation Programmer to join development on their upcoming title.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of C++.
- Strong knowledge of game animation systems such as layering, masking, state machines, locomotion, facial animations, blending, and parameterisation.
- Professional experience working with IK, ragdolls, and other procedural techniques.
- Confident in linear algebra.
- Strong sense for fun gameplay.
- Knowledge of gameplay code.
- Strong eye for animation.
- Develop and maintain tools and runtime systems required to realise the vision for animation.
- Working with the designers to create and implement elements of scripted and emergent world content and activities.
- You will also be architecting the interfaces between the animation system and e.g. AI.
- Help animators in translating game design into technical animation design.
- Help and educate game programmers working with animation related features and aid technical animators in implementing animations into the game.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Professional experience with AAA games development.
- Professional experience in networking animated characters.
- Professional experience with motion synthesis/generation.
- Professional experience working with game physics.
- Professional experience of profiling and optimisation.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214418!