This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console & PC Games
OPMs client, is an internationally minded AAA development studio based in the vibrant city of Copenhagen. They are currently seeking a Gameplay Director to play a pivotal role on their new unannounced project.
The successful candidate will work closely with the management team, using your profound knowledge, experience, and confidence as a gameplay director within AAA game development to create, present and maintain the vision and overall quality of the game.
- Extensive professional experience overseeing and developing AAA gameplay
- Strong hands-on development experienced with the full cycle of a AAA title
- Successful at directing prototypes as well as full feature implementation to get to high quality swiftly
- Comfortable guiding and mentoring designers to develop their skills
- Strong communicator able to clearly communicate with stakeholders and the team
- Outline and communicate the gameplay theory within the overall game vision
- Develop clear models and frameworks to produce world class quality gameplay that achieves the game vision
- Champion the gameplay design in the management team
- Collaborate with directors, leads and team to realise the gameplay vision
- Clearly communicate gameplay expectations throughout all phases of development
- Help grow and mentor game designers of all levels.
- Establish culture and best practices for design within the team
- Outline gameplay priorities throughout development
- Provide constructive feedback to produce world class quality results
- Appropriate education with regards to game design
- Experience leading or directing gameplay for third person action games
- Demonstrable track record e.g. in published games, on personal website, or on YouTube.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!