This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM are thrilled to be working with a well-established developer of high-end interactive and immersive Console and VR experiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Developing game systems with a particular focus on the use of physics to achieve realistic interactive results
• Applying a deep understanding of industry-standard physics APIs to meet the requirements of the game and suggest new approaches
• Being involved at any stage of asset production from specification to platform-specific challenges
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Expert in C++ – you’ve worked with C++ for an extensive, and contributed to shipped games on PC, console or mobile.
• Excellent Physics Knowledge – you have in-depth understanding of the practical use of one or more physics middleware systems (e.g. PhysX, Havok) on a shipped game.
• Strong 3D Maths – you have a broad knowledge of the theory and practical application of 3D maths in games.
• Great Communicator – you can talk about your work. You’ll be as comfortable specifying a task with designers and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers.
• Practical – sometimes a rapid prototype is needed to quickly test an idea. Other times a mission-critical system needs detailed planning and consultation. You have an instinct for what level of engineering is needed, and you can work efficiently at any level.
• Passion for Games – you’ve probably been playing games forever. You understand an engaging player experience and are confident reproducing it in code.
• Experience shipping games on console or PC. Detailed knowledge of SDK and technical requirements of Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One or high-end Windows PC.
• Knowledge of Other Game Systems. Good experience of other systems such as animation, player control or AI would be an advantage.