One Player Mission is proud to be working with an award-winning developer of premium games that entertain millions of gamers across the globe with amazing and immersive gaming experiences.
Our client is now looking for a Gameplay Programmer to work with them in their beautiful Stockholm Studio.
As a gameplay programmer on this project you will work with their designers and other gameplay programmers to expand the game with new gameplay features, as well as support and improve existing features. You will develop and maintain the systems necessary for designers to create missions, build complex gameplay mechanics and tweak and balance the game.
- A keen sense for what makes gameplay fun and engaging.
- Excellent working knowledge of C++.
- Excellent working knowledge of debugging techniques.
- General familiarity with AI, physics and animation systems and techniques.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong communication skills – must possess excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability and desire to work in a team, often with different disciplines.
- Your work will take you all over their proprietary open world engine, from underlying systems to specific gameplay mechanics, from animation systems to UI, from physics to VFX.
- Work closely with an array of disciplines, and you will often act as the glue pulling these different elements together.
- Work with their designers and other gameplay programmers to expand the game with new gameplay features, as well as support and improve existing features
- Develop and maintain the systems necessary for designers to create missions, build complex gameplay mechanics and tweak and balance the game.
BONUS SKILLS (Good to have)
- Experience in rapid prototyping and refinement, e.g. Game Jams.
- Experience using middleware such as Havok Physics.
- More in-depth knowledge and experience in AI e.g. behavior trees.
- Familiarity working in editor-supported engines, such as Unreal.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience developing for consoles, or other limited resource environments.
- Experience mentoring and nurturing junior developers on your teams
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214426!