Project: AAA Games
Our client is a major Games Developer with multiple studios in the UK. They are focused on creating fun console games using a world-famous IP.
They are seeking a Gameplay Programmer to create the gameplay code required to construct the game whilst working alongside a multi-discipline team.
- Good experience with gameplay and mechanics programming.
- Fluent in object-oriented C++ with strong debugging and documentation skills.
- Experience using Unreal Engine on at least one released game.
- Strong 3D maths and physics skills.
- Degree, qualifications, or applicable experience, in Computer Science or an associated subject.
- Ability to provide time estimates for complex programming tasks.
- Ability to work on assigned tasks generally without direct supervision.
- Ability to analyse the design documents for risk and provide creative solutions.
- Passionate about working closely with artists, animators, and designers; supporting their developing needs for gameplay technology and associated tools.
- Work with animators, artists, and designers to engineer reusable modular game systems that they can use to build fun networked content for the game.
- Work on the AI systems required to create fun networked enemy AI, Party AI, and Boss AI.
- Write fun, networked player mechanics.
- Write reusable gameplay systems that will allow designer to populate the hubs with fun networked game play.
- Write GUI systems.
- Implement achievements, trophies, and rich presence.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension scheme & life assurance
- Health and wellbeing activities
- Social Events
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!