This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM are thrilled to be working with a well-known Games Developer seeking Gameplay Programmers at all levels to join their team.
The role centres very much around being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium.
You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
The successful candidate will work with a range of traditional game programming areas including AI, physics, animation, UI, and data management as well as others.
- Good experience with C/C++ programming (VC14 preferable).
- Good experience with C# programming.
- Good understanding of top-down design, object-oriented programming, design patterns, and game design standards.
- Superb communication, technical & problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about gameplay, system design, and methodologies.
- Adaptable and ability to multi-task and priorities work based on changing schedules and feedback/critiques.
- Ability to architect, engineer, and implement clean and concise APIs.
- Strong math skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices, and linear algebra.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Alongside the design and content teams you will architect, engineer, and implement new features and systems which enable the creation of exciting gameplay.
- Work with multiple departments and studios to develop and/or extend the gameplay systems.
- Working to strict deadlines and scoping work appropriately to deliver a quality title.
- Reacting to design changes and related feedback with thought out solutions and effective planning to achieve the goals.
- Experience working in medium to large sized development teams.
- Previously shipped a title on consoles.
- Professional experience of game design/scripting.
- Online portfolio of previous work.
- Experience working with AI for action/multiplayer games.
- A Computer Science or Game Design degree with a programming focus is considered an advantage.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214418!