Games Programming Lecturer
Full-time and part-time opportunities, permanent
Competitive salary available
SAE Institute is part of the Navitas Group, which is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programmes and workforce education.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and engaging educator to teach games programming modules and common content in our higher education programmes. The ability to supervise and guide students through individualised final projects at level 5 and 6 is especially desirable.
• Facilitating engaging learning through a variety of pedagogical methods.
• Planning students’ learning outcomes through lesson plans and deliverable course material.
• Timely marking of assessments, providing useful and on-going feedback to students.
• Pro-active involvement in Campus recruitment and outreach events throughout the year.
• Master’s degree in a related field, or Hons degree and a PG Cert Education/HEA Membership, or significant industry experience, with demonstrable evidence of or willingness to compete appropriate professional development.
• Relevant industry experience in games programming/development pipeline and relevant software, specialisms including Unity or Unreal and C# or C++.
• Possess outstanding communication, interpersonal skills, be highly organised and possess good time management skills.
• Outstanding communication, interpersonal skills, be highly organised, and possess good time management.
• Must have rights to work in the UK and live within commutable distance to the London campus in Haggerston.
• Teaching experience, including the creation of session plans and preparation of materials.
• Specialisms including Game Engines, Graphics Programming, A.I., Game Optimisation, Mobile Development (Android &/or Swift), VR & AR, Software development production, or other Games Development topics.
• Proven ability to create and build on industry links.
• Experience in project-based learning, using flipped teaching techniques and other contemporary forms of facilitating learning.
• Experience in using technology in learning, including virtual learning platforms.
• Ability to teach across other disciplines, including common modules and from web, games, audio, etc.
Please send any queries to SAE-HR@navitas.com. Please state Application: GPL London in the email title.
We regret that due to the volume of the applications, only successful applicants will be contacted. For further details please download the job description below: