This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM are working with a long-standing partner in the Games Industry looking for a talented and creative Programmer to join their studio.
You should be a passionate, technically proficient programmer who understands the need for great attention to detail.
As programmers you will work in C++ and with the internal technology and tools. You’ll be joining a small, multi-discipline team, where you will be expected to help to define all aspects of the game code and design, including but not limited to: character controls, cameras, physics and editor UI.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A reasonable understanding of the various areas of game development, with a focus on user interaction and delivering satisfying gameplay experiences.
- Good experience of game prototyping and rapid iteration on creative ideas.
- Experience working in a small group while interfacing with a large multi-discipline team.
- Exceptional C++ programming abilities.
- Proficient with 3D maths and geometry.
- Strong software engineering and software architecture principles.
- Experience working with large codebase, including systems such as graphics, physics, animation, audio, and networking.
- You take a methodical approach to debugging and problem solving.
- An appreciation of parallelism and the implications for system design.
- Understanding of PC or console-based development.
- Experience in successfully shipping a PC or console title.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prototyping UGC creation tools and exploring creative ideas with a focus on quality, player experience and optimising for console hardware.
- Designing, developing, testing, documenting, and maintaining highly accessible features in collaboration with programmers, designers, and artists.
- Design and development of wider game code architecture.
- Troubleshooting and designing solutions to problems relating to these areas.
- Proactively and methodically improving quality, efficiency, and best practice.
- Work with production to schedule and prioritise tasks as they arise.
- Experience on multiplayer titles.
- Experience with developing VR experiences and interactions.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!