This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console/PC Games
OPMs client is a well-established developer based in Guildford, who are seeking a Generalist Programmer work on their latest studio title for the next gen.
The successful candidate will be experienced working on published console titles with a strong understanding of commercial industry tools.
They will join a dynamic team and work across multiple disciplines, with the focus on pushing the boundaries for quality and efficiency to create a genuine AAA experience.
- Strong professional experience in a programming role within games development
- Experience on at least 1 game within the engineering discipline, preferably a AAA title
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other comparable training
- Excellent C++ programming skills, with a strong understanding of object-oriented principles
- Good understanding of 1st party requirements such as TRCs, XRs, etc
- Extensive knowledge of algorithm, data structures, best practices, and clean code principles
- Great overview of all the parts of a game such as architecture, rendering, sounds, physics, networking
- Enjoy diving into unfamiliar codebases with a variable degree of complexity with the goal of understanding, extending, and refactoring current features
- Passionate about gaming and games development
- Create the foundation system needed by the specialist such as 3D, physics, sound, meeting the needs of the project
- Produce maintainable, elegant, efficient code within the constraints of the target
- Ensure engineering principles, and coding standards are followed and drive the evolution of these over time.
- Hunt down bugs, and determine rules and procedures to avoid whole classes of bugs
- Coordinate with the Lead Engineer to drive the game forward
- Support users of your work, directly with documentation, and steadily increasing usability
- Work has a member of an agile development team that aims for excellence, and attention to detail
DESIRED SKILLS (nice to have):
- Experience with rendering for 5th generation console games
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214 418!