Come and join the Futur!
FuturLab are looking for an experienced graphics programmer to help on our latest game Power Wash Simulator (https://futurlab.itch.io/powerwash-simulator). This is a 12 month contract position with remote working.
As a Graphics Programmer, you will be responsible for implementing and optimising rendering features for PowerWash Simulator and our new super exciting combat game IP. For PowerWash Sim, making big levels completely washable requires a lot of memory, so be ready to implement techniques to keep memory consumption under control. You will be communicating frequently with the Art team and building tools to make scenes look very dirty in many ways. You will write performant shaders to allow small squads to wash these levels on multiplayer matches and be able to interface a great deal of data between CPU and GPU to assist gameplay. Customize the render pipeline to allow finer quality x performance controls and build debug tools to speed up Art and Design iterations. For the new combat game IP, you’ll be working on cutting edge next gen visual effects as part of the game’s groundbreaking visual style.
We are currently lacking this skill set within the team; therefore, this position is only suitable for someone who can lead this aspect of the game.
- Work with the department leads and other programmers to design the game code and contribute to technical design documents.
- Work closely with the design team to collaborate on new gameplay ideas.
- Ensure all code is produced to the required standard and all TRCs are followed.
- Be proud of your code and test thoroughly to ensure that there are no bugs.
- Work with the Producer to break out tasks into clear and manageable chunks. Deliver high quality code to that schedule.
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across all disciplines
- Report progress to Lead Programmer and inform them of any implementation issues promptly.
FuturLab foster an inclusive and welcoming culture, check out the Life at FuturLab page (www.futurlab.co.uk/life-at-futurlab) for reasons why you’d love working here!
If you have the skills, experience and passion for the role then please get in touch as we’d love to hear from you!
Please apply here: https://apply.workable.com/j/ED8EEE118D and be sure to attach your latest CV and a cover letter.
Please note that you must be able to demonstrate eligibility and a VALID WORKING VISA to work in the United Kingdom.
SALARY: Competitive + performance related bonus.
Candidates without a valid UK work Visa cannot be considered.
- At least 1 shipped title on PC or console
- Strong C, C++ or C#
- Proficient in shader languages
- A broad knowledge of GPU architecture and modern graphics techniques
- Strong Math skills
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Ability to effectively itemise tasks and assign realistic time scales to them.
- Excellent communication skills with a friendly, helpful and positive demeanor.
- Working knowledge of Agile Development/Hansoft a plus.
- Compute Shaders
- Experience writing Unity Editor tools
- Familiar with Unity SRP (Scriptable Render Pipeline) and Unity URP (Universal Render Pipeline)
- Competitive salary dependent on experience + performance related bonus.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Staff referral bonus.
- 28 days holiday + duvet days.
- Friday fun drinks.
- Regular social activities.
- Two weeks of studio closure over the Christmas period.
- Free fresh fruit.
- Free iced treats in the Summer.
- Free locally roasted, Small Batch Coffee and Specialty Teas.
- Free eye test + standard glasses for display work.
- Birthday Cake.