Special Move is working with an ambitious and growing mobile game studio, who have a 15 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet and are now expanding into PC and console.
This year our client is embarking on its most ambitious and exciting title yet, developing a brand new cross platform IP in partnership with a world renowned publisher. We are looking for passionate new people to join their team on their quest to forge a place in players' hearts.
Our client is looking for an experienced graphics programmer to work on an ambitious new cross platform IP. You will play a pivotal role in developing the visual presentation of this world-leading IP, supporting the art and engineering teams as part of the graphics programming team with technical direction, planning and architecture with direction from project stakeholders to deliver a best in class gameplay experience.
Here's what you will be doing
- Designing and creating performant graphics code in Unity on multiple platforms.
- Authoring optimal shader code that will work across a variety of platforms.
- Delivering high quality visuals within the capabilities of a wide range of target hardware
- Working with the art team, under direction of the art director, to deliver on the vision for the project.
- Designing and building art tools to increase the efficiency of the art creation process.
- Profiling (GPU, CPU, Memory) to find and reduce bottlenecks and optimise existing code.
- Planning your work and assisting others with planning as required.
To do this job, you will need
- Professional experience as a graphics programmer having shipped at least one title.
- Experience with graphics programming in Unity
- Experience targeting multiple GPU types on mobile platforms
- Strong depth of knowledge on graphics programming topics and techniques
- Strong depth of knowledge working with shaders including programming HLSL
- Strong depth of knowledge programming HLSL.Good knowledge of art pipelines
- Good knowledge of profiling tools
- Experience identifying bottlenecks and optimising graphics code
- Good communication skills with technical and non-technical people
- A passion for graphics, graphics programming and games.
While not required, below are nice to have
- Experience working with Unity's Scriptable Render Pipelines (URP/HDRP/Custom)
- Experience developing tools/scripts in art applications (e.g. Maya, photoshop, etc.) to support the art pipeline, ideally using python
- Experience writing compute shaders
- Experience using PBR workflows
- Experience developing free to play games
- Experience working on a live title providing regular updates
- Delivery of console or PC titles
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Have worked with distributed teams in different timezones
Special Move acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment