A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
This role is primarily responsible for supporting the Head of Group Reporting in all aspects of financial reporting and control. Principally, this is the production of both our annual statutory and monthly management Group accounts.The role also includes a number of key month-end reconciliation and treasury activities.Key Duties Include:
- Leadership and Management
- Maintaining high standards of work with superb attention to detail
- Work closely with the Operations Finance Manager and AP team
- Build a strong network at peer level across the technology, game and overhead teams
- A strong communicator adept at spotting issues early, escalating as required
- Financial Reporting
- Prepare first draft of management accounts and other standard month end reporting outputs for review by the Head of Group Reporting
- Work closely with audit staff and ensure information requested as part of substantive fieldwork procedures is available
- Support the Head of Group Reporting with the Group consolidation model and chart of accounts
- Financial Control
- Work closely with the Operations Finance Manager at month end, supporting the overall revenue reconciliation process, taking ownership of non-core revenue channels
- Lead the monthly review of software development costs ensuring that costs are capitalized in line with our internal accounting policies
- Maintain a schedule of intercompany transactions, posting FX corrections as required to ensure that all entries eliminate on consolidation
- Carry out weekly bank reconciliations and prepare a weekly cash flow report
- Post monthly interest and debt journals for all statutory entities
- Load payment instructions onto the banking portal for the weekly pay run, VAT returns and interest payments
- Technically strong, ACA qualified with audit experience obtained ideally in a Big-4 firm
- A desire to set and maintain high standards of financial reporting and control
- Proactive and self-motivated with a genuine drive and commitment to identify opportunities to change and improve processes
- To work effectively with colleagues both within the immediate team and across the company whenever necessary.
- To demonstrate a willingness to adapt to the evolving environment of the company, teams, and work requirements.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.