This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
Our client is seeking a Lead Hard Surface Artist to be responsible for the creation and quality as well as planning and prioritization of the outsourced weapons and vehicle artists.
- Extensive experience working as a 3D artist in the games industry
- Experience on a minimum of 2 shipped AAA games
- Excellent sense of scale and proportions, materials, color and light
- Fluent in English with superb communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Strong articulate asset creation process and provide the right critical feedback
- Strong experience and knowledge working with shaders, pipeline and PBR
- Knowledge and understanding in both technical setups and mechanical functions
- Demonstrable knowledge of asset creation, in-game model, UV layout, LODs, Collision
- Excellent understanding of real-time graphics with proven experience in creating realistic looking weapons and vehicles
- Quality assurance and feedback to external vendors
- Collaborate with Internal art leadership and experts to establish technical and quality goals
- Build and maintain a library of brief
- Use latest industry software to review incoming art assets through production
- Offer detailed feedback as well as paint overs with note
- Solid experience working with outsource teams and mentoring artist through daily feedback and documentations.
- Expertise in game production and have a proven ability to problem-solve, schedule and monitor tasks
- Great artistic skill set, a good sense of scale and proportions, materials, color and light
- Familiar with project management software, e.g. Jira, Confluence and Shotgun
- Great with time estimations, assessments, and prioritizing
- Knowledgeable with Maya, Z-brush, and Photoshop
- Photogrammetry experience
- Strong knowledge in Substance designer and Painter
- Great understanding of customization
- Familiarity working with Unreal, Unity or similar game engine
- Capability to work in a team, communicate well and being proactive
- Structured and technical with experience in outsource management
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!