This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Strategy Games
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior marketing professional to make a significant, and tangible, impact on the future of major new franchise.
Working closely with both the development teams, and publishing teams, whilst overseeing, leading, and growing a talented team responsible for our outbound marketing activities and global brand strategy.
For this role, you will be a creative and quantitative thinker, with a proven track record of success in a similar position and the confidence necessary to define and shape the brand marketing and positioning strategy for a development project that will form a new 10 year plus franchise pillar for the studio.
As Head of Brand, you will be key in owning the strategic marketing plan and budget for the most significant new title the studio has ever released, working closely with the development team to help define the brand strategy and its go to market plan. From a marketing perspective this will also include setting plans, communicating objectives and strategies, creating assets, implementation of post-execution analysis, whilst working in partnership with the publishing teams on global marketing implementation.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Spearhead our new franchise title as part of the senior leadership team on the project. Involved throughout its release and extended lifecycle, and as such will have considerable marketing input in on-going game design functionality. The role holder will be perceptive, efficient, tactful, and mindful of the value of award-winning brand-building and the advantages of being embedded with a development team
- Execute brand campaigns in line with the strategic vision as set out by the New IP Marketing Director, the Chief Product Officer, and Senior Management Group. You will be aware of and seek full visibility of global and local campaign timings and ensure that asset requirements are scheduled in good time so that art and development resource are adequately available
- Develop close working relationships within the Brand Team, the Studio, and teams within the larger corporate structure. So, having excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management is crucial. Compiling and analysing regular reporting on the sales and promotional performance of your title, offering informed criticism and recommendations for future product strategy to the Studio, Business Analyst and ESD teams
- Play a pivotal role in contributing to and managing licensor relationships, whilst identifying potential key third party partnerships, ensuring directly profitable or co-promotional relationships are upheld and effective
- Be both knowledgeable and passionate with great planning and interpersonal skills. Being adaptable and having a clear drive to meet deadlines, targets, and budgets
- Impart knowledge gleaned across previous roles; acting as the senior point of contact for all aspects of brand marketing within your portfolio of titles and setting the bar in terms of expertise and behaviours for the wider marketing team to aspire to.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Previous experience of triple-A brand/product ownership and product launches
- Experience with persistent or Games-as-a-service titles
- Previous experience building or managing specialist or cross-functional marketing teams
- Demonstrable experience of current online marketing standards and practices
- A motivated self-starter with experience of authoring creative marketing plans
- Current and on-going knowledge of competitor products and campaigns within the industry
- Excellent project management and planning skills
- Superb relationship building and communication skills
- Exceptional writing and reporting skills
- First-rate verbal and presentation skills, to all sizes of audience
- Previous experience and current understanding of the digital games retail space would be an advantage
- Previous experience of planning and buying media either independently or via agencies
- Willingness to travel when necessary, including spending ad-hoc days at Brentford HQ
- Experience in or involvement with online customer relationship management, account management and interconnected online system branding and delivery is an advantage
- A thorough appreciation of strategy games
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 427!