Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 750 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo. We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
Purpose of the role
The Head of Business Development for Frontier Foundry will identify and establish key 3rd party developer/publishing relationships which support our business strategy and growth plan. Working closely with senior leaders from Frontier’s commercial and publishing teams and partnering with Frontier Foundry’s multidisciplinary leadership team, this new position presents a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to play an important role in our continued creative and commercial success.
- Work with senior leadership to define, deliver, and refine the Frontier Foundry partnership strategy
- Use video game industry insight and global contacts to identify and pursue new target partners
- Attend tradeshows as a project scout and program evangelist
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders from within Frontier Foundry and Frontier executive leadership team to assess both developer and project potential success and risk
- Develop business cases and documentation to support recommendations to senior leadership
- Work closely with Frontier Foundry’s Head of Production and Executive Producers to ensure alignment on project expectations
- Negotiate strategic partnership key terms, with support from Frontier Foundry senior leadership team, legal, finance, and commercial teams
- Maintain a clear and accessible history of contacts, enquiries, pitches, and decisions
- Track, manage and report on key performance metrics, objectives and goals
- In coordination with the PR team, represent Frontier Foundry energetically and intelligently with media outlets, trade show panels, and other forums as needed.
- Pro-active networker with contacts across the global video game industry, with ability to travel regularly for industry events and to meet partners
- Deep and broad knowledge of independent developer histories and pedigrees
- Commercially savvy with experience of negotiating partnerships (with legal support)
- Previous relevant experience within the video games industry in a similar business development role would be beneficial
- Healthy sense of objectivity, discernment, and impartiality when considering the factors that enable successful long-term creative partnerships
- Demonstrated track record of working collaboratively and effectively with key internal and external stakeholders across many domains
- Strategic thinker with the ability to clearly understand how opportunities could further Frontier’s goals
- An effective and diplomatic communicator who is able to tailor information and presentation toward different audiences
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.