Head of Consumer Insights (Maternity Cover)
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING TO THE VP CENTRAL MARKETING
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours, even more so with everyone working remotely during COVID-19…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our online gaming nights and free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and art workshops
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
- When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be.
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
We are looking for an experienced Head of Consumer Insights to join SEGA for a 1-year Maternity Cover. The Head of Consumer Insights will lead a team responsible for delivering research, data and insight across the whole business and to support our Games Studios in their development process.
Reporting into the VP of Central Marketing, the role will work with multiple functions, both internal and external, including but not limited to; Marketing, Data, Licensing, Third Party Development, Commercial Analysis, Internal Development Studios & third-party agencies to create & implement key strategic projects.
Help formulate and drive key business initiatives including:
- Develop and grow SEGA Europe’s in-house Consumer Insights team, supporting the team with the day-to-day activities, research projects and data reports. Directly line manage the team and support them with clear personal objectives and training.
- Help support SEGA Europe’s digital transformation efforts by providing clear recommendations on how the publishing group can improve our customer relationships by integrating data and consumer insight into our broader CRM capabilities
- Expanding our research strategy to support the evolution of our games into a Live Services model, supporting our commercial publishing and game development teams to become more insights informed in making key decisions on game content, events, and customer strategy.
- Work with the broader Central Marketing team to develop and implement an effective marketing research strategy to help assess and optimise SEGA Europe’s marketing effectiveness
- Support studio teams in validating key project deliverables at major internal approval milestones
- Provide support, where required, on ad-hoc projects including concept testing, User Research, pricing and incubation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience leading a data, research, or insight team.
- Knowledge and interest in video games / interest in data & insight
- An extensive understanding of research methodologies
- Competent with MS Excel and creating visual & impactful Powerpoint presentations.
- Knowledge & experience with data visualization tools (Power BI/Tableau) an advantage but not essential
- Confident working with large quantitative data sets and telling a story from this data
- Confident in delivering and presenting analysis and actionable insights to key internal stakeholders.