Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Head of Customer Support to join our Live Operations team based at our studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this exciting new role, the successful candidate will be responsible for establishing and leading the Customer Support resource at CA. Working alongside the Live Operations and Marketing teams, you will help to ensure players across CA franchises receive excellent support and that game teams receive customer feedback that is key to optimising the overall game experience.
In this key role in the studio, you will help us establish a Customer Support resource at CA, defining the goals, recommending a strategy, and building our expertise.
As founding member of the CA Customer Support team, you will be responsible for:
- Defining and owning the execution of the Customer Support strategy & roadmap for the CA product portfolio, including a new title operating as a live product
- Recommending our approach for use of external resource and CS tools to set up scalable solutions
- Recruitment and leadership of internal CS resources
- Collaboration internally across CA franchises, working with Marketing, Live Operations and Development teams
- Establishing a feedback loop between Customer Support, Player Experience and Development teams to ensure our players are accurately represented
- Briefing Customer Support related assets and driving testing and optimisation
- Reporting of Customer Support KPIs internally, including budget management
- Working with SEGA and external publishing partners in Customer Support planning, execution, and reporting
- Building studio-wide understanding of Customer Support and best practices
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Oversee customer support ensuring excellent service level, and defining these on a per-project basis
- Work with Live Product Teams on prioritisation of issues and urgent responses where needed
- Prepare for launches, updates, betas & events, planning support level and resources
- Report to internal stakeholders on customer sentiment and provide detail as needed around key stages of game lifecycle and live events
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Customer support leadership experience on a live service game
- Experience using customer support tools for user interactions and reporting
- Experience working with external agency or resource partner on customer support
- Deep understanding of customer support discipline including opportunities, challenges and KPIs
- Customer-focused approach
- Excellent communicator with ability to engage and collaborate with stakeholders across teams
- Excellent understanding of reporting against SLAs, including highlighting escalations and opportunities for change
- Experience leading a team or as line manager
- Experience of setting up customer support capability within an organisation
- Expertise in establishing customer support processes and training team members
- Experience of change management processes
As this is a 12-month Fixed-Term contract, we cannot sponsor a VISA for this position so applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK .
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio, as we push the boundaries in creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedication motion capture facility. We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and are developing more flexible ways of working for the future. Right now, we are actively recruiting and onboarding staff with our expert IT and HR teams setting you up for success remotely, whether you’re relocating now or will be in the future.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- We are developing more flexible ways of working to give everyone at CA the balance and space they need. We also offer enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.