Head Researcher (Freelancer/Consultancy Basis)
Please note, the Head Researcher role is a paid freelance position based on output of services and quality of research provided.
You must have the appropriate right to work within the territory you are based
Sports Interactive are looking for enthusiastic candidates to join our research team as Head Researcher’s for women’s football on a freelance / consultancy basis.
Reporting to the Head of Women’s Football Research, Head Researcher’s will require in depth knowledge and research skills into specific leagues or footballing nations.
The Head Researcher role will play a key part in developing and supporting the women’s football database and team.
It is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to work on a self-employed and flexible basis as an additional source of income during your spare time.
We are looking for passionate experts of women’s football in the following countries/leagues:
- England (Championship and National League)
If you believe you are an expert in a country that is not listed above and believe you could help us bring the league to the game, please do get in touch.
- Collect, collate, and enter specific accurate footballing data in a timely manner
- Create a network list and community of voluntary researchers which will assist in providing accurate data
- Provide detailed competition rules for all the competitions required so they can be coded as realistically as possible
- Quality check any data from others to improve any data that Football Manager has within the database.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Canvas a team of voluntary Assistant Researchers to cover specific clubs within designated leagues or nations.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A huge passion for football, in particular women’s football
- Extensive knowledge of your designated league and women’s football in that nation
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent English verbal and written skills
- Ability to build and foster working relationships and networks.
Additional skills that would be advantageous but not essential:
- Knowledge of Football Manager
- Football scouting experience or qualifications
- Football analyst experience or qualifications
- Experience working on databases.
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.