HR Business Partner (2K) (Hybrid)
Job Title: HR Business Partner, 2K (Hybrid)
Who we are:
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. We are proud to publish and support many of today’s most critically acclaimed gaming franchises, including NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Borderlands, BioShock, XCOM and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
In this newly created standalone position the successful candidate will be accountable for providing first-class business partnering to c100 employees in our London office and European territories.
The role has a dual reporting structure to the Head of HR UK & Europe and the VP of HR based in the US. However, will be working shoulder to shoulder with 2K’s Global VP of Marketing based in London and will play a key role in providing broad strategic and solution orientated support to employees and managers at all levels.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HRBP who has excellent coaching, influencing and interpersonal skills with knowledge of working in a global matrix organisation.
What You Will Do:
- Using coaching, influencing and interpersonal skills to integrate and align the people strategy to the business goals
- Translate business goals and strategy into optimal People processes that are scalable, pragmatic, and adaptable to unique and changing business needs.
- Recommend new approaches and methods to drive continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and HR development within the company.
- Diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions, striking the right balance between speed/flexibility and process/infrastructure.
- Ability to influence, drive decisions and recommendations with data.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity in an evolving, fast-paced environment.
- Prioritise effectively to deliver results both as a strategic and a hands-on People business partner with a "pulse" of its employees.
- Influence change initiatives, develop change management plans, and manage stakeholders before and after changes occur.
- Effectively coach at all levels of the organisation and demonstrate success in driving career retention and rewards programs.
- Be a passionate team player with a drive to create a positive work environment.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication, including high-quality document preparation and presentation skills.
- Be able to work autonomously, exercise excellent judgment, and be a critical member of both business and HR teams.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a HR Business Partner, within a medium, fast-paced, changing global company.
- Proven experience of working independently within the Video Gaming or Technology industry.
- A transformation and change agent with success in a high growth industry and organisation
- A person who is biased to action builds relationships and can influence others and share knowledge.
- A person who understands the need to validate the existing culture before attempting to change is willing to ask questions and learn vs. telling and doing.
- Ability to identify and prioritise work
- A person who thinks strategically and can establish, articulate, and implement a vision for the organizations it relates to people.
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of organization design and development change management concepts, tools, methods, guidance, and talent management principles and processes.
- Practical experience providing formal/informal executive coaching and development in all areas of guidance.
- Business understanding, knowledge, professionalism; experience all aspects of how a business operates, develop, and articulate the value proposition of a new strategy, process, or program.
- Excellent strategic planning and operational deployment skills, the ability to integrate and align strategy, people, and activities across functions, processes, and teams. Able to translate vision and strategy into clear, actionable goals
- Vital project planning and management skills
What We Offer You:
- Hybrid working. The option to work from home up to two days per week
- Great Company Culture. We pride ourselves as being one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees’ bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, our onsite Gym, company parties, our Office bar, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Benefits include, but are not limited to Private healthcare with Bupa, Private dental with Bupa, A double matching pension policy where the employer will double match up to a 4% contribution from the employee, Employee stock purchase scheme with a 15% discount, Eye tests and vouchers towards glasses, Cycle to work scheme, Flu vouchers, Annual health checks with Bupa, 4X death in service insurance, Income protection (60% salary), 26 days holiday, + other great perks and great office facilities!
- Perks. Gym reimbursement up to £50 per month, an onsite Gym, an Office bar, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries, a dog friendly workplace and the ability to earn £350+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, 2K Marin, 2K Czech, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games and 2K China. 2K’s stable of high-quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise. 2K is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2k.com
2K is an equal opportunities employer and as such will endeavor to provide reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process where required. We invite candidates to notify us should they wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments.