This Co-development games studio, with a reputation for excellence and based in the in North West England, is looking for a Technical Director to lead a team developing their upcoming open world metaverse title. The game is in phase one inception.
You will be working closely with the senior team, converting top level business needs and creative thinking, towards an evolving technology roadmap for game project for their new developed game title. You will be authoring a new C++ inhouse engine…This role is offered to candidates from the UK, Portugal and Ireland, hybrid / remote. There will be onsites as and when needed for milestones, etc.
- Lead programmer/technical leadership position experience
- One or more multiplayer, AAA title releases a bonus
- Multi-Project track record of programming
- Strong leadership, nurturing, and accountability managing the programmers team
- C++ languages and system architecture
- General and platform specific optimisations
- Cross-platform development experience
- Can do / proactive front runner
- Person management of a team of programmers in games
- Determine the programming vision for the project, in alignment with the Game Director’s vision; including the technology vision, aligned to the studio’s overarching vision, through excellent coordination with the CTO and Technical Directors for other projects
- Revisions and adjustments to the roadmap aligned to progress and changes, keeping on track and to deadline(s)
- Implement technology roadmap effectively
- Deliver and update high-level estimations for all areas of the game
- Coordinate with Technical Team Leads
- Ensure coding best practices with lead and senior programmers studio and industry standard
- Create solutions, provide clear direction and feedback to the employees working on the programming areas of the project through collaboration
- Mentor the programming team, build and nurture through new hires/retention, particularly at review, always delivering effective team communication
- Work with CTO to manage other codevelopment teams
- Support principle and lead programmers and engine processes
- Great work life balance
- Studio with remote and hybrid working practices
- New project
- Working with latest tech
- Competitive salary and benefits
To apply pls forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 2607.
Big Planet is an equal opportunities recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.