Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 750 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo. We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
Purpose of the role
We have a new opening for an IT Deployment Engineer to join our IT Support team. You will play a key role in Frontier's continued growth, building and imaging equipment for 20-30 new starters per month, plus upgrades and distribution of new tools for our teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with industry leading technology during an exciting period of growth at Frontier.
- Build machines for new starters across all departments and create user accounts
- Imaging hardware to user needs, manually installing software and licensing
- Communication with new starters on their first day to assist tech setup
- Plan and complete rolling as-well-as impromptu upgrades for current staff
- Manage and prioritise own workload based on business requirements
- Conduct electrical safety checks / PAT tests on computer equipment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues as required, and address issues and their root causes
- Hardware/software asset management
- Propose improvements to current processes and practices
- Support and provide mentorship for team members.
- Previous experience in a similar role within an IT department. Experience within the gaming or technology industry would be an added bonus
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of PC hardware and systems, and associated peripherals, to component level, plus mobile devices and associated peripherals
- Good all-round experience of PC hardware maintenance and repairs
- Good understanding of computer networking including wireless
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Excellent listening and questioning, and verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude with the ability to multi-task
- There will be a requirement for lifting IT equipment such as PCs, printers, monitors and other associated hardware
Skills & experience
- Solid experience and knowledge of working within a Windows environment Windows 7-10, Windows Server 2008R-2016
- Exposure to Windows Server Active Directory Administration Tools
- Knowledge of Active Directory, including the creation of user accounts and modifying of user groups and security settings
- Experience of working with WAPT deployment solution
- Experience of device encryption software like Bitlocker
- Exposure to and understanding Software deployment and patch management
- Exposure to deployment solutions, such as MDT, Clonezilla, SCCM
- Experience of working in a game or other development environment would be a bonus
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.