We are looking to hire a lead for our IT team, who will be responsible for coordinating the effort of our internal IT support team and handling business-critical IT tasks as well as system administration.
In this role you will be involved in maintaining our hardware and software inventories, and IT operations including OS, security tools, business applications, servers, etc. as well as research and evaluate emerging tech, hardware and software that could potentially be beneficial to the studio.
As the IT Manager, you will analyze department needs, identify vulnerabilities, and boost productivity and accuracy to inform business decisions. You will also ensure network components meet needs and work together seamlessly, using the full range of capabilities, but also staying up to date with new features and solutions. Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
A core element of this role is to continuously analyze processes, technologies, and vendors to identify possible areas of improvement as well as prepare cost benefits analysis reports when upgrades would be necessary. You will develop and execute disaster procedures, maintain data backups and when needed, train employees, troubleshoot hardware and software errors and provide technical support.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Relevant experience in the field of network administration, or system administration
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Previous experience in leadership roles
- Experience with Windows-based environments (MS Exchange, Active Directory, and other Windows-based systems)
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Strong creative and analytical thinking
- Professional certifications with related methodologies, skills and technologies
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognize that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.