A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex are undertaking a Security and infrastructure transformation project and have the requirement for a network and systems security engineer to assist and augment the existing engineering teams. You will play a key role working closely with Product and IT Management. You will be part of a team responsible for Design, Maintenance, Support and Advance of the Jagex Corporate IT Infrastructure, as well as providing support for development tools and dealing with support requests.
Your goal is to work on a company-wide security initiative consisting of multiple security projects. This role is primarily to assist in the delivery of IT Security projects that require extensive I.T Security knowledge and experience, but also assist to enable other IT engineers and Technicians to resolve similarly complicated issues and requests effectively; by coaching, mentoring, and driving improvement and adoption of all IT support and troubleshooting procedures.
As part of your role will also have the responsibility for creating, defining, and maintaining the security and network standards from which Corporate IT Services are built upon and adhered to by the other IT teams.Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and improve the security posture of cloud platforms such as Azure, M365.
- Identify and assess risks while implementing security solutions.
- Implement and configure security controls and policies, including threat protection and responding to security incident escalations
- Provide cyber security expertise in the analysis, assessment, development, and evaluation of security solutions and architectures
- Automate security controls, data, and processes to provide better metrics and operational support
- Integrating vulnerability management systems, EDR and other monitoring solutions as being appropriate
- Responsible for liaising with internal security and external security providers
- Participate in the actioning of remediation tasks from Security Risk Assessment and implementing security best practices in-line with security program goals.
- Maintain, support, and advance the Corporate IT Infrastructure
- Participate in Incident Response Planning initiative.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Proven analytical & problem-solving abilities, combined with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience and skills in communicating and providing technical expertise and mentoring to Junior IT members and support staff, by sharing technical knowledge and coaching.
- A customer service focus, with an excellent ability to handle customers effectively; with a qualification or work experience in a customer-facing environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening, questioning & team working skills.
- Have excellent organisational & prioritisation skills, ability to complete multiple projects in a timely manner & can work efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to present ideas & troubleshooting procedures in business-& user-friendly language.
- Look for innovation opportunities between several teams with a willingness to experiment and to boldly confront problems of large complexity and scope.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Proven commercial experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of common authentication technologies including OAuth, SAML, CAs, OTP/TOTP.
- Good experience in security systems٫ including firewalls٫ intrusion detection systems٫ anti-virus software٫ authentication systems٫ log management٫ content filtering٫ etc
- Proven experience with Azure/M365
- A deep understanding of networking, e.g., IP subnetting, Network Security Groups, routing, Azure Firewall, ExpressRoute, load balancer, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, and Azure Access Policies.
- Strong familiarity with cloud native tools in Azure, i.e., Azure Monitor, Log Analytics, Azure Security Center.
- Experience in vulnerability scanning – defining and schedule scans against our external and internal assets and implementing the required remediation. Experience of the following tooling would be desirable: -
Carbon Black – EDRRapid7
- Experience in the integration and usage of a SOC / SIEM, including experience with Log Aggregators.
- Experience with ELK Stack would be an advantage
- Experience in the creation and refinement of Azure cloud security, the scoping, and access polices
- Experience in the defining and implementation of infrastructure patching standards and schedules.
- The candidate is expected to be proficient and experienced to an exceedingly high standard in the design, implementation, configuration, and on-going support of the following technical disciplines:
Deep understanding of Network Security Architecture, Cyber Security Threat Management and Hardening practices, with experience in the following NIST Framework CIS Best Practices
- Security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR)
- In addition to the above it is expected the candidate to have a good working knowledge of the following supporting technologies.
- Enterprise networks- LANs, WANs, vLANs and VPNs (virtual private networks)
- Virtualization technologies – VMWare, VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure)
- A basic understanding of a common scripting language (PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc.), and the confidence to troubleshoot and adapt scripts to new requirements. any experience of automation tools a plus (Terraform, puppet)
- A good understanding of Agile Methodologies, experience working in Kanban, or as part of a cross-functional team. Experience of using Jira, slack, SharePoint, and Box would be an advantage.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Monthly Energy Allowance- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.