Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 750 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo. We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
Purpose of the role
We have a new opening for a IT Support Engineer to join our IT Support team. The role is very hands-on, responsible for providing enterprise-level support to our internal teams. We are looking for a friendly, approachable individual who has a keen interest in computers.
- Handle issues reported by in-house team members and seeing problems through from initial diagnosis to resolution
- Handle high-level fault finding, and remedy for more complex issues
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues as required
- Responsible for the creation and maintaining of internal knowledge documents for the company/team to reference
- Use internal documentation or external resources to provide accurate technical solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritise and manage workload of several open issues at one time
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to requests
- Lead user responsible for main pillar of knowledge within the Tech Department
- Support team members with more complex issues, ensuring they are resolved appropriately
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Document process and procedures using internal CMS systems
- Complete internal user moves including patching of network and phones
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment to company requirements.
- Proven experience of working in an IT support role
- Solid experience and knowledge of working within a Windows environment (Windows 7-10, Windows Server 2008R-2016)
- Practical knowledge of PC hardware and associated peripherals to component level
- Good all-round experience of PC hardware maintenance and repairs
- Good understanding of computer networking including wireless
- Exposure to Windows Server Active Directory Administration Tools
- Excellent communication skills including, listening and questioning.
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Exposure to software packages such as Autodesk 3D Studio Max, Autodesk Maya, Adobe Creative Suite and Visual Studio
- Experience of Linux Ubuntu/CentOS environments
- Exposure to and understanding Software deployment and patch management
- Knowledge and experience of using and supporting Windows Server
- Exposure to games development consoles (PS4, Xbox) and associated equipment
- Experience of working in a game or other development environment.
Given the nature of this role, the successful candidate will need to be studio based and we are unable to offer any remote working. We can however provide a comprehensive relocation support package as part of any offer.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.