A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
As IT Technician, you will take ownership of IT issues and requests from across the company relating to the IT Service Catalogue. Your goal is to collect, classify & prioritise all relevant information & diagnostics, to aid investigation & resolution. Where possible, you should be able resolve these issues directly or escalate to the appropriate IT or business team, by adopting all IT support and troubleshooting procedures. You will drive employee efficiency by providing a first-class IT support service via phone, e-mail, chat, IM, remote control or in person, as well as by managing customers’ queries in an effective and professional manner. This role will allow legions of gamers to play our games, by enabling our Studios and Commercial areas to create the best possible games. If you are a passionate gamer with a strong IT background, do we have the job for you! Key Duties Include:
- Provide world class IT/Customer Liaison
- By taking ownership of customer requests, issues, and complaints – always making sure to respond in a timely fashion and to follow the appropriate escalation procedures.
- By ensuring that customers are kept informed of the progress of their issues or requests, as well as the resolution by managing expectations at all times.
- By understanding the game delivery / update schedule so you can help prioritize issue resolution relative to business value.
- By logging all customer issues & requests on the IT ticketing system, understanding and establishing customer needs, and collecting relevant information & diagnostics needed for investigation & resolution.
- By pro-actively monitoring, prioritising & managing the ticket queue.
- Handle technical support requests
- By identifying and taking ownership of support requests that relate to the IT services on offer using existing process.
- By triaging incidents and requests - capturing all relevant information to identify requests or isolate issues clearly then classifying & prioritising them.
- Through the administration of all system accounts on supported systems, ensuring requests/changes are in line with internal procedures, & appropriate authorisation has been obtained.
- Manage incidents
- By identifying and taking ownership of incidents that are raised within the IT ticketing system.
- By performing installations, repairs, maintenance, diagnosis & analysis of desktop related issues or requests, liaising with other IT/non-IT support teams across Jagex, or third-party support/equipment vendors, where appropriate.
- By recommending & implementing corrective solutions according to published procedures, whilst communicating best practice concerning the use of IT systems to the business.
- Work as a Team
- By taking responsibility for the accuracy, integrity & relevance of data that populates the IT ticketing system.
- By taking responsibility for identifying and implementing improvements to enhance existing processes and levels of support services.
- By achieving service level targets established through objectives & ensuring the highest level of customer & technical support services.
- Proven commercial experience in a similar support role.
- A customer service focus, with an excellent ability to handle customers effectively; with a qualification or work experience in a customer-facing environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening, questioning & team working skills.
- Ability to present ideas & troubleshooting procedures in business-friendly & user-friendly language.
- Proven analytical & problem-solving abilities, combined with excellent attention to detail.
- Have excellent organisational & prioritisation skills, ability to complete multiple projects in a timely manner & can work efficiently under pressure.
- Good knowledge of PC & Mac hardware components, peripherals & Operating Systems (to current versions), as well as Mobiles & Tablets (Android & iOS).
- Troubleshooting experience/qualifications in desktop products (hardware, software & network), Commercial Applications etc. together with an enthusiasm to build on that knowledge to provide an improved customer service.
- Excellent knowledge & experience of IT ticketing systems (eg. Manage Engine, Service Now etc..)
- Some experience with Active Directory, Office365, Sophos or Kaspersky
- Familiarity with remote management tools, such as SCCM or JAMF.
- Lifting & transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers, monitors & peripherals.
- An awareness of Agile Methodologies, experience working in Kanban, or as part of a cross-functional team.
- Must be a gamer at heart.
- The support hours will be 08.00 – 18.00 Monday to Friday, working a shift pattern, with an occasional need to cover support outside of these hours.
- Technicians must be available to cover support across any of these shifts.
- This is a full-time position, based out of the Jagex UK office.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.