BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING TO THE HEAD OF LIVE OPERATIONS & DEVELOPMENT
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five world-class development studios spanning the UK, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based at our European HQ, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a talented team of Tech gurus, Sales extraordinaires, Marketing & PR wizards, QA champions and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy a jam-packed social calendar, super cool offices and top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Fitness buff? Get involved in our weekly boxing classes, or maybe even stretch the limbs with a game of ping pong. Foodie? Why not take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit every day? Need to find your zen? We’ve got you covered with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy (who doesn’t love that?). But that’s only the beginning – we have a gaming area complete with retro arcade games and consoles as well as all the latest stuff, a video games library and flexible working hours to ensure everyone gets to have a life outside of the office! We also hold regular lunch & learn sessions, product launch parties, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you’ll want to brag to your mates about! What’s not to love?
Here at SEGA, we have a benefits package to rival the rest. This includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an extremely competitive contributory pension scheme.
As well as the best benefits, we offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that the team can stay motivated and focussed on making SEGA the best it can be.
We like to look after our people too with discounted gym membership, childcare vouchers, travel season ticket loans, a Ride to Work scheme and a flexible working environment which make us a great place to work.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
SEGA is building customer-facing and backend applications to take advantage of the latest advances in technology and streamline development. It’s an exciting time for the team with its vision to integrate cutting edge and emerging technologies. The Java Developer will be a key member of the Technology team, coding and maintaining systems across on the company.
- Analyse, design, implement and test of enterprise-level applications/microservices using industry-standard technologies in an Agile environment
- Support and enhance live systems
- Investigating integration of new and emerging technologies within the company
- Provide detailed documentation regarding developed services
- Guiding and suggesting technology for core business requirements
- Designing the usage patterns and assisting in the Integration of our services within online systems and client applications
- Help building a rich roadmap by planning and enriching the work backlog
- Take an active part in product planning meeting to technically define the requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Expert Java 8 knowledge is required with experience using the Spring Framework (Boot, Core, Web, MVC, OAuth2, AOP)
- Proficient and strong experience in a wide range AWS services for both architecting solutions and implementation
- Strong knowledge developing and architecting solutions in a Microservice orientated environment
- Experience using a number of testing methodologies including TDD and BDD
- Proven experience working in an Agile – SCRUM working environment
- Experience of designing, configuring and using a CI/CD pipeline and working practice
- Proven experience using AWS Serverless technologies (Lambda, API Gateway, Swagger, YAML)
- Experience using a number of database technologies including NoSQL, Apache Spark and Spark Streaming, RDBMS (MySQL, Redshift)
- Experience using enterprise messaging services and high performant data pipelines including Kinesis and SQS
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.