We're looking for a talented 3D artist to join us working on an exciting unannounced game for PC & console.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the creative lead you will:
- Create awesome 3D props, environments, and characters.
- Author models, materials, and textures to fit different styles and situations.
- Set up lighting, layouts, and cameras to create atmospheric and interesting environments.
- Work at all stages of the artistic process, from proposal and blocking out through to release.
- Contribute to design discussions, bringing a new perspective and new ideas.
- Work effectively with the code team to integrate your work and meet technical requirements.
- Work with other artists and project leads to ensure artistic goals are realistic and achievable.
- Assist with studio art tasks such as managing source material.
What We Want
We’re after an ambitious and talented candidate with:
- Great creative skills and an artistic eye.
- Extensive working knowledge and fluency in 3D packages.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop.
- Confident artistic ability, with a strong portfolio displaying broad range and unique style.
- Demonstrable experience producing 3D assets for games.
- Understanding of art pipelines, taking assets from source into the game efficiently.
- Strong time-management skills, able to meet deadlines with or without pressure.
- A passion for games.
- Degree level education (though we will consider experienced candidates without).
You don’t need these to apply, but they will ‘plus’ your application.
- Experience with the Unity Engine.
- Experience using Cinema4D.
- Skills in 2D or 3D animation.
- Skills in creating concepts, 2D art or UI art.
This position is for a fixed term of 2 years working in our office in Brighton, with potential for further work. The position is open to entry level candidates as well as current juniors looking for a new project. Salary will be based on experience.
Second Impact Games is a micro-studio on Brighton’s sunny south coast. We’re a passionate, creative team who focus on making fun games. Being a small team, everyone gets a big say in what we do and how we do it. We love making games, and we hope you’ll love making games with us.